I have been waiting so long to announce this! I am hosting a food and lifestyle photography workshop here in my native Saint Emilion in October 2013.
The workshop will be 5 days/6 nights during which we will document our cooking and daily adventures in my French heaven.
I want this workshop to feel intimate, so I will limit it to 6 participants. This way, you can all stay with me at the château!
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
This an opportunity for me to share my home and passions with you. My homeland that I picture here so often and which is full of incredible wineries and authentic Farmers’ Markets. This small part of the world that sits between the sandy beaches of the Atlantic ocean, the deep forests of the Landes and the mysterious and green Dordogne.
But the Bordeaux region is not only about the stunning vistas and legendary wines. It is also about architecture, amazing fresh ingredients, some of the best chefs in France and mostly, about the people.
I am so excited I will have the chance to take some of you with me and show you the vineyards where I grew up, the meadows where we picked blackberries and where we ate fresh walnuts directly from the tree. A few days to visit markets and brocantes, prepare and photograph our meals, learn about food photography and food styling, shoot on location and so much more. We will of course test wine at my favorite châteaux. The harvest should be going on too that week. Imagine the pictures you’ll take…
WHAT WILL WE DO?
I am here to share my technique with you. My approach to natural light, food styling and much more. As the title says, it’s not just about food photography. Rather it’s about learning how to put your soul and the uniqueness of your own personal vision into every photograph you take.
This workshop should never feel like a school outing. It’s all about taking time for yourself to discover and/or nurture your distinct talent as a photographer and/or blogger…
In my French heaven, I will show you how to slow down, play with your food, put more of you into each photo you create.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
1850€. This includes your room at the château (I have 4 double rooms and 1 with two beds. So if you are one of the first to sign-up, it means you can bring someone along. If they don’t attend the workshop, their stay here will be free!), all your meals, the workshop itself, all planned activities and transportation once you are on site. Your travel expenses between your home and mine are not included in this package.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Simply call or email me:
(0033) 671 562 927
Day 0, Thursday
- Welcome Cocktail at the château
- Presentation of the workshop
Day 1, Friday
- Visit and tasting at château Cardinal Villemaurine
- Lunch in St Emilion on the main terrace
- Walking tour of Saint Emilion and the underground caves
- Cheese and wine dinner by the pool
Day 2, Saturday
- Sainte Foy la Grande Farmers’s Market
- Picnic by the river
- Visit of my favorite brocante
- Dinner at clos Mirande
Day 3, Sunday
- Libourne Farmers’ market
- Cooking together and lunch at the townhouse
- Location shoot in the vineyard
- Dinner at Le Tertre
Day 4, Monday
- Visit of château in Lynch Bages in Pauillac
- Lunch at restaurant Le Lion d’Or or Relais de Margaux
- Abbey of la Sauve Majeure
- Dinner at home (Stéphane’s coq au vin maybe?)
Day 5: Tuesday
- Oyster shacks of Arcachon
- Lunch at the Corniche overlooking the ocean
- Walk along the beach to the Pyla dune (highest dune in Europe)
- Dinner in Bordeaux city
Day 6: Wednesday
- Breakfast and fond farewell