Keep on Warnocking!

IMG_9824

I wanted to send you all my very best wishes for 2014 but couldn’t find anything interesting to write except the usual good health, love and success banalities… Then yesterday, when I was about to throw in the towel and make a stupid list of all my favorite recipes of 2013, I received this incredible holiday card from my friends Becca and Austin Warnock. I now know exactly what I wanted to say!IMG_9733

I met Becca and Austin this past summer. They were guests at my B&B from Indiana. Austin is an incredibly talented photographer. He mostly shoots weddings and only uses vintage cameras with film (see his work here). Becca has a passion for calligraphy, cards, design etc. and, as you can see, creates beautiful and unique works of art. They are both extremely successful at what they do. They are successful because they completely embrace who they are as human beings and artists. They are successful because they follow their heart and their intuition. They understand that more isn’t necessarily  better and that authenticity and passion are all that really matters… As a result, their lives are filled with joy and meaning and pride…IMG_9743

So of course I hope you are safe and happy and in love this year; but here is my real wish for you my friends:

May you have all the freedom, the energy and the support you need to keep on giving and caring… to keep on exploring and dreaming… to keep on creating unique and authentic works of art that “look” and “feel” and even “taste” like you…TO KEEP ON WARNOCKING!IMG_9795

1. onlyhope77 says:

Such gorgeous pictures!

2. Rörschåch says:

LOVE, love, love. Thank you, Stéphane. Wonderful share.

Thanks! I wish you knew those guys. You’d LOVE them!!! 😉

3. LauriLau says:

Bonjour Stephane! I nominated you for the “ABC awesome blog content award”! You can see the details about this on my page 🙂
    Happy writing!

Oh thank you so so much dear Lauri! I am very touched 😉 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. What a lovely sentiment! Here is to 2014 and Warnocking it!!!
    HNY!

😉

5. juliabarrett says:

Love it! Love the stamps too! Here’s my gift to you– a pretty recipe: http://juliarachelbarrett.net/2014/01/recipe-request-hibiscus-syrup/

I checked it out and what a lovely gift it was 😉

6. Stephane!

I am just absolutely speechless! You are so, so kind! Your kind, kind words literally brought tears to my eyes!

I truly believe that it was fate that we crossed paths! I remember picking up the guide in St. Emilion and out of ALL of the B&B’s (hundreds and hundreds) we called yours! Then you went out of your way to drive all the way to meet us on the square of that tiny town in order to show us the way! We didn’t know what to expect and I remember Rebecca and I thought you and your VW were just so cool! Of course, typical Americans that we are, we show up not speaking a lick of French and you made us feel so at home…as though we belonged in France all of our lives! That drive from that little village to your B&B was just so amazing! Absolutely beautiful!! I miss it every day!!!

You made our stay in Bordeaux one of the absolute highlights of our 3 month rendezvous in Europe! We loved sitting on the back patio eating your amazingly fresh breakfast every morning and getting to chat! Rebecca and I just sat and stared at each other saying ” I can’t believe we found this place”!!! We had literally found our very own French heaven!

You are amazing and we are so, so fond of you! Rebecca and I often sit at home and reminisce about our trip and we often mention your name and are just so thankful that we were able to make such a great friend on the trip! Like I said in the card, I know we’ll see each other again, and it’s going to be so nice getting to catch up!!

We are so glad that you received our holiday card and that it brought some JOY to your day!! I am so honored that you blogged about it and created a verb with my name! That’s a pretty awesome start to the year!!! Thank you Stephane! We are just so thankful and grateful that we had the opportunity to meet you and to get to know you and spend a couple of days chatting! We can’t wait to get back and hope to bring my brother and sister-in-law. They were so jealous!! Next time we will have to go to Libourne with you!!! 🙂

We hope you have the best year of your life Stephane, and I’m so glad we can keep in contact via the Internet!! Looking forward to seeing what 2014 has in store for you!

We’ll be in touch dear friend! 🙂

Austin & Rebecca

What a beautiful message of friendship. Keep on Warnocking my friends! The world needs more people like you 🙂

7. J’aime beaucoup cette phrase nouvelle! 🙂

😉

8. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography) says:

That’s the best New Year wish I’ve heard in the last few days, Stephane. When we’re unable to follow our dreams and passions, I think a little part of us dies.
    I also think many people have lost some of their creativity with their hands (in this highly technology-generated modern world).

You are so right Vicki. Just the fact that they made the card themselves and actually sent it in the mail across the world is so special…

9. Sofia says:

What beautiful stamps, in todays era of emails thats something we don’t see much nowadays. Happy New Year!

1. Sofia says:

PS and what beautiful stamp designs 🙂

You are right. I think that is what touched me the most!

10. ladyredspecs says:

Stephane there is nothing banal about your writing, food or photographs whatever the subject matter! Happy New Year

You are too kind dear Sandra! Happy New Year my dear!!!

11. Wow – Beautifully said!! Living life with passion, following one’s heart and giving to others is such a sacred wish!! Life is about living, loving and connecting – being true to one’s self!! Thank you for such a lovely reminder! Happy New Year to you too!! As I have said before – You are truly an inspiration!

Well, you inspire me too Jennifer… Everybody wins 😉

12. Lovely story, Stéfane. A wonderful way to extend your best wishes for 2014. Keep “Warnocking”! Best – Shanna

Keep Warnocking dear Shanna!

13. Eliza B says:

So beautiful and so true. The happiest people I know are the ones who followed their passions, not their wallets. Although of course there are those with a passion for wallets…

Yes, but those don’t impress me much 🙂

14. May you also Warnock throughout the year. 🙂

janet

I will try dear Janet. I will try 😉

15. Your writing is like poetry. As I like to say from my corner of the world in the Napa Valley: Cheers, Chin Ching, Enjoy!

Cheers to you Mike!